The Todd Wehr Memorial Library at Viterbo University is seeking a dedicated librarian to coordinate the library’s instruction program and manage the library’s electronic resources. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about connecting students and faculty to resources that will help them succeed. This librarian will enjoy teaching as well as maintaining, investigating, and promoting electronic resources.
This full-time, 12-month administrative position is also active with a team of librarians to offer reference and partnership services to our Viterbo community.
Reports To: Director of the Library
• Manages the library’s instruction program, and teaches information literacy sessions, approximately 50/year.
• Collaborates with faculty, instructors, and instructional design to offer information literacy sessions face-to-face, online, and via Moodle.
• Coordinates instruction sessions and events for other librarians, including reserving labs, creating resources, and offering guidance when necessary.
• Creates learning objects including guides, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, online library tools, tutorials, etc.
• Keeps abreast of trends and implements technology that will improve student engagement.
• Maps information literacy framework/standards to class outcomes and relates them to library and university mission, vision, and priorities.
• Develops and implements instruction program statistics and assessment tools.
2. Electronic Resources
• Coordinates the selection, acquisition, maintenance, and licensing of electronic resources and provides access to these services through the library’s web site.
• Actively investigates and implements tools, technologies, and methods to increase accessibility and usability of electronic resources.
• Collaborates with Reference, Serials, and Cataloging Services to ensure access to electronic resources.
• Administers and maintains the library’s LibGuides.
3. Reference and Other Duties
• Regularly staffs the reference desk and participates in evening rotation.
• Actively participates in the Library Partnership Program, including communication, collection development, and assistance for faculty within specific disciplines.
• Participates in library and campus-wide committees and meetings, including serving on Graduate Program Review.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: ALA-accredited master’s degree in library science. A minimum of three years of library experience. Experience in teaching and/or library instruction and a commitment to the ideals of information literacy and currency and knowledge in the field of electronic resources. Ability to work both independently and collegially in a rapidly-changing environment. Interest and ability to provide cross-functional library services including outreach and collection development. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Willingness to travel in the state/region.
About Viterbo University: Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal arts institution located in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. The region features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River, world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.
To apply, please complete online employment application form and upload letter of interest, CV/resume, and three references. Review of applications will begin August 9.
Contact Information: Kim Olson-Kopp, Library Director, Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups.
Please visit the Viterbo University human resources website for the original posting and application instructions: https://viterbo.applicantpro.com/jobs/829838.html