Scholarships for MLA & ITEM Virtual Conferences for Those New to the Profession, First-time Attendee, Student, or Unemployed
With travel curtailed and both conferences becoming virtual events, the Metronet Board has decided to redirect the Steltzner scholarship to cover MLA/ITEM member-rate registration for up to 22 applicants in the Metronet region who:
- Have been in the profession five or fewer years & work in a Metronet member library, or
- Will be attending MLA or ITEM for the first time & work in a Metronet member library, or
- Are currently an unemployed librarian & seeking employment in a library, or
- Are a student in a library science or library media certification program
- If you are a student or unemployed, you must live in the Metronet region. Staff from all types of libraries are encouraged to apply. Note that this does not disqualify you from applying for future Metronet scholarships under our guidelines.
This is a change for 2020 only and will be re-evaluated in 2021 based on conditions at that time.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org