Job ID: 321492
Job Title: Graduate Research Project Asst (UL385)
Job Code: 9526
Location: Twin Cities
Empl Group: Grad/Prof Student Position
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
• Active enrollment in a graduate degree program in CLA at the University of Minnesota.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of research methods in Classics or Religious Studies.
• Experience with teaching.
• Skill with Word Press.
About the Job
Humanities Library RA
9526 Graduate Research Project Assistant
The Humanities Library Research Assistant works with library staff to provide support for research in Classical and Near East Studies, Religious Studies, and Philosophy at the University of Minnesota. The RA uses knowledge of scholarship in humanities disciplines that touch on Classics and Religious Studies to identify materials requested by faculty for acquisition; works with the Arts and Humanities Collections Coordinator to place orders; responds to research questions from faculty and students in CNES, Religious Studies, and Philosophy; team teaches library research skills in conjunction with Libraries instruction experts; and updates digital research guides.
Working with and under the direction of the Arts and Humanities Director, the RA will:
• Respond to faculty requests for research and teaching materials by locating and selecting the appropriate items.
• Balance acquisitions with available budgets.
• Respond to student and faculty members with research questions in Classics, Religious Studies, and Philosophy via email and research consultations, with the support of library staff.
• Team teach with librarians on information and research skills, integrated in CNES, RELS, and PHIL courses.
• Maintain and update Libraries course and subject guides pertaining to CNES, Religious Studies, and Philosophy research and migrate content to a new platform (LibGuides) in Spring 2018.
• Conduct a research project on the research needs of students and faculty in the CNES, Religious Studies, and Philosophy.
How To Apply
Student positions are a form of financial support while pursuing an education at the University of Minnesota.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Please attach the following documents in Word or PDF format: (DO NOT copy and paste.)
• Cover Letter (identify cover letter with UL385)
• Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current references.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.