The objective of Global Knowledge Management is to:
– Organize all the business content so that it provides an easy and quick access to the right information
– Drive adoption of KM tools and content
– Keep knowledge delivery in sync with customer and CWT needs
– Support collaboration and 2 way communication
– Write and maintain new/existing global content for the Qvdian proposal database
The content manager will work with the Director Knowledge Management in reviewing, advising and then implementing CWT’s knowledge management strategy related to the content. He or she will be in charge of monitoring content, its accuracy, completeness and development. He or she will coordinate with both the users and the contributors on global scale. They will ensure that the information needs of the organization are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
As of today:
– CWT iWin is CWT’s global web-based document repository using Microsoft SharePoint technology. The target audience for this knowledge base is CWT employees (in priority client-facing teams) and CWT partners’ network.
– SharePoint is also used as a collaborative platform to share documents among & within project teams.
– In addition to managing these platforms, the knowledge management team also manages the Qvidian database and the content within it which is used by proposal teams to respond to customer bids.
– Jive is the new social network for official communication and collaborative groups.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
– Manage and monitor content update cycles/processes for the databases and their usage. Define expected update frequency.
– With the team, works with SMEs/contributors to ensure they provide the appropriate new or updated content; support & coordinate regional knowledge managers on their databases activities.
– Within the proposal database, develop, update and maintain global content on the defined scope.
– In coordination with the team, analyze content from the global databases on a regular basis to review performance and identify areas of improvements.
– Develop strong relationships with SMEs, contributors and end-users to collect feedback and ideas.
– Support the building and organization of structured feedback processes and organization with all stakeholders to ensure the adequacy and accuracy of content
– Ensure content structure & classification consistency across tools, levels (global & regions), business lines and topics
– Recommend new content to align with business strategies and to reflect CWT clients’ needs. Help identify content & documents worth being global / that should be global.
– Suggests & promote content formats; favor consistency across docs, business lines and tools
– Promote knowledge sharing and content management (communication, training, support)
– Collaborate and share best practices with regional knowledge managers to ensure global alignment.
– Strong communication and presentation skills – comfortable presenting in front of all levels within CWT. Ability to communicate and listen effectively and understand feedback from these audiences
– Knowledge of Business Travel industry
– Information technology skills, including Sharepoint, Jive, search tools, Qvidian.
– Project management experience
– Fluent English
– Ability to work within a multicultural environment
– Strong writing skills with experience positioning sales and marketing content for external-facing audiences
– Excellent time management skills to plan and prioritize multiple activities
– Degree from University or Business School / Professional qualification such as chartered librarian and information professional
Primary Location: US-MN-Minnetonka
Work from home: No
Employment type: Standard
Job Family: Marketing
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Experience Level: 5 to 7 years
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2017
As an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class