Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Minnesota State Mankato, MN
Job Type: At Will
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 00891
Position: At Will (Range 11*)
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on July 5, 2017 and go until finalist are selected.
Provide administrative leadership to an organization charged with providing automated library services and other services to all the Minnesota State campuses, as well as contracting for services with private colleges, state agencies, special libraries, school libraries, and public libraries.
• Master’s degree in Library Science, Technology, Business, or related field (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.) AND three (3) years of IT experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible leadership experience.
• Ability to provide leadership and demonstrate ability to lead multiple project teams
• Experience in management of both budgets and personnel (hiring, supervision and evaluation.)
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications, facilitation, and presentation skills.
• Experience at working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Knowledge of trends and developments in automation generally and libraries and online learning specifically.
• Experience in group process including consensus building and conflict resolution.
• Ability to plan and manage a complex budget with multiple funding sources from both public and private entities.
• Ability to lead, motivate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to creatively and successfully solve problems.
• Ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities.
• Thorough knowledge of library operations and library automation.
• Experience with web content management systems.
• Experience with customer service and or software support.
• Experience or training in marketing and or communications
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement complex automation and network services.
• Demonstrated ability to lead collaboratively and courageously, to find innovative approaches to solve problems and achieve ambitious goals.
• Knowledge of emerging trends, challenges and opportunities, current standards, and effective practices in research and graduate education.
• Knowledge of current and emerging graduate student populations, both international and US, face-to-face and online.
• Experience in curriculum design and program development, assessment and evaluation, program review, accreditation, academic support programs, and high-impact practice.
• Experience with strategic planning and project management.
• Experience in federal and state compliance.
• Experience in policy and procedure development, implementation, and review.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve and expect a standard of excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate articulately and inspirationally.
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equity-minded environment for students, faculty, staff, and the broader university community.
• Ability to lead by example to encourage respect and civility.
• University representative at international, national, state and local meetings and programs.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a collective bargaining, shared governance environment.
• Ability to engage in professional leadership and service, as a senior academic administrator, at the state, regional, national, and international levels to advance strategic directions.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html.
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Cover Letter
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact information for three (3) references
• Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Linda Richter, Librarian
Minnesota State University, Mankato
3022 Memorial Library
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators Plan which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.