Position Title: Evening Library Manager
Position Type: Staff
General Employment Period: August-May
General Work Schedule (days of week): Sunday-Thursday
General shift hours: 3:00pm-12:00am
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Evening Supervisor provides supervision of all areas of the library after 5:00pm until the library closes at midnight during the fall and spring semesters, except on break days when the library closes at 5:00pm. Primary responsibilities are building oversight, supervising student employees, and providing tech support services. Librarians are only available for evening reference services for approximately 16 hours per week. At other times, the supervisor is responsible for providing basic reference services and making referrals to librarians. The supervisor is responsible for contacting Facilities on-call staff, Public Safety staff, and others as necessary for building or other emergencies. The supervisor closes and secures the building each night, requesting support from Public Safety as needed.
To accomplish this work, this position requires the ability to function within multiple complex systems and understand how manipulation of these systems will impact other operations; and continuing self-directed learning to adapt to changing systems and new technologies. It also requires the ability to interact with vendors and off-campus partners. Essential skills for this position include problem solving, the ability to work independently, and excellent communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree
• High degree of computer literacy, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Mac/Apple computers and software, Moodle (or other course management systems).
• Basic knowledge of photocopiers and scanners
• Customer service experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Previous library experience or equivalent
• Supervisory experience
• Experience with detail oriented work
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
Open Until Filled Yes
Screening Begins 07/07/2017
Concordia College will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other legally protected status.