Position Type: Support Staff/Educational Support Professionals
Date Posted: 10/6/2017
Location: Zanewood Community School
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week (Exchange up to 15 days in summer for special projects/workshops.)
General Purpose of Job: Assist the licensed Library Media Specialist in the management and supervision of media center activities.
• Assist students and teachers in locating resources and operating electronic equipment, including computers and computer software.
• Operate and maintain circulation, shelving and storage of media/technology resources.
• Assist and support computer technology with installation of software, troubleshooting hardware problems, and maintenance of the computer networks.
• Assist in maintaining a good learning environment.
• Set up and maintain inventory of media and/technology resources, including hardware and software.
• Maintain the receipt, distribution and return of media and technology resources for other sources.
• Maintain operation of the media center in the short-term absence of the Library MediaSpecialist.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Library Media Specialist.
• 2 year degree or a passing score on the ParaPro test.
• Demonstrate ability to operate hardware.
• Demonstrate skill in using a variety of software packages.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract