Kenyon-Wanamingo Elementary School Media Specialist
Position Summary: The Media Center Specialist manages the daily activities in the media center. Candidate will monitor and assist students in their daily use of the media center and assist staff in planning and usage of media center materials.
- Maintain condition of materials in our collection to ensure they are cataloged correctly, have proper spine labels and are shelved in the proper place.
- Schedule classes with teachers to come to Media Center for class research projects.
- Assist in coordinating materials through SELCO.
- Monitor overdue media materials via reminders to students or classroom instructors.
- Manage circulation of media materials.
- Maintain a quiet atmosphere for students to research and study.
- Assist students and instructors in finding materials for research and recreational reading.
- Assist and monitor student usage of media center computers.
- Maintain confidentiality as per law and school policy. Enforce district policies as they relate to students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Schedule may vary – 7:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. on school days, with a one-half hour unpaid lunch.
Salary Range: As per Education Support Professionals master agreement.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Strong organizational skills and basic computer skills are necessary. Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, parents, coworkers, and supervisor.
Application Procedures: Apply online at www.kw.k12.mn.us
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
For more information and to apply follow this link: https://www.applitrack.