Requisition Number: 18-0001
Title: Electronic Resources Librarian
Description: Fredrikson & Byron P.A., one of the largest business law firms in Minneapolis, currently has a position in our Library and Research Services department for an Electronic Resources Librarian.
• Managing the firm’s digital resource portfolio through the resources’ life-cycle. Purchasing new electronic resources, coordinating necessary promotion and training with library staff, managing passwords and license information, leveraging usage statistics when considering a renewal, and coordinating steps to discontinue access.
• Working with attorneys and library staff to evaluate new electronic resources for purchase. Includes defining use cases and gathering information on cost, relevancy, and authoritativeness.
• Providing first-level technical support to users of electronic resources such as BNA, CCH, RIA Checkpoint and others. Acting as the library’s technology liaison to other departments, including IT.
• Serving as administrator of the firm’s electronic resources management system (OneLog) and the research request system (Quest). Monitoring its effectiveness; coordinating and evaluating data on electronic resource usage; and implementing improvements as identified.
• Facilitating implementation of new tools and resources that enable attorneys to more efficiently access research resources. Includes managing the library’s presence on the firm’s intranet (SharePoint).
Requirements Candidates must have a master’s degree in library science and 2+ years of relevant work experience in supporting electronic resource lifecycle activities. Experience resolving product and service issues with vendors, outstanding communication, collaboration, innovation, and client service skills also required. Prefer experience working in law firms or other professional services and experience with business and/or legal research tools, such as Lexis or Westlaw, CCH, BNA, BLAW and others.
For consideration, send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Apply on-line at www.fredlaw.com/careers