Electronic Access and Discovery Librarian (AA19067)
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Minnesota State Mankato, MN
Job Type: Probationary
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 00960
Position: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
Date of Appointment: August 20, 2018
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin March 12, 2018 and go until the position has been filled.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Library Services seeks a service-oriented, collaborative, and flexible Electronic Access Librarian. We seek someone who will support the Library Services values of change, collaboration, communication, discovery, inclusivity, professionalism, and respect. The position responsibilities are:
• Manage electronic resource access, including access to databases, journals, streaming video, and ebooks, primarily through our Electronic Resource Management System, A-Z Journals list, OCLC • Worldshare Management System, Ex Libris LMS, and discovery tool
• Coordinate support and troubleshooting for any technical electronic access issues that arise
• Oversee the tracking, management, and provision of electronic resource usage statistics and overlap analysis
• Communicate with team members and other library personnel about electronic access issues
• Manage projects related to this position
• Mentor, train, and supervise a library technician
• Serve as a member of the Technical Services team
• Participate in committees related to Collections and Journals management
• Read and interpret license agreements to ensure responsible use
Each library faculty member serves on a team as a subject liaison to one or more disciplines/programs, with responsibility for collection development, library instruction sessions and the development of class and subject guides. Librarians are expected to share in weekend reference responsibilities. As members of the faculty, all librarians are expected to participate in service to the department, college, university, and community, as well as engage in continuing professional development and scholarly activity.
• Master’s degree from an ALA accredited Library and Information Studies program or foreign equivalent (degree conferred on an official transcript by September 30, 2018).
• Experience with managing access to electronic resources and/or troubleshooting resource access.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong service orientation.
• Second subject master’s or higher is required within three years of date of appointment.
• Knowledge of best practices for discoverability and/or web accessibility to library resources
• Experience with:
– Working in a library (priority given to academic library experience)
– Creating documentation and reports and generating statistics to assess collections and/or acquisitions plan
– Working collaboratively as a team member to accomplish common goals and to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities, goals, and deadlines in an evolving environment
– Ex Libris Alma library management system
– Providing reference and instruction in an academic library
– Collection development
– Mentoring, supervising, or training
– Developing class and subject guides, such as LibGuides
• Ability to:
– Respond to immediate and long-term service needs
– Manage projects, troubleshoot, and problem-solve in an environment that requires oral and written reports, meeting discussions, and the creation of written documentation
– Read and interpret license agreements to ensure responsible use
– Engage in scholarly and professional development activities at the level necessary to meet requirements for tenure and promotion.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is a comprehensive regional university with approximately 15,000 students located 80 miles southwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Memorial Library and the branch Music Library support the curricula with a collection of approximately one million volumes and 1500 current subscriptions, including access to over 200 electronic databases and 60,000 journals. The University is served by 19 library faculty, 24 support staff, 5 graduate assistants and student assistants. For more information, visit the library’s home page at http://www.lib.mnsu.edu/. Visit Greater Mankato Growth for additional information about the community: https://www.greatermankato.com/awards-accolades. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Cover Letter
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact information for three (3) references
• Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Search Committee – EA Librarian Library Services
Minnesota State University, Mankato
PO Box 8419
Mankato, MN 56002-8419
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.