Date of Availability: Aug 2017
Date Closing: Open until filled
Status: 1.0 FTE
Position: District Media Specialist
License: Media Specialist Minnesota Teaching License
Start Date: August 2017
Rockford Area Schools is accepting applications for a Full-Time District Wide Media Specialist.
A Media Specialist:
• Directs, organizes, and supervises the personnel and services essential to a library media program centered on students’ needs and the instructional goals of the schools.
• Develops and maintains a long-range plan for library media instruction and services and collaborates with classroom teachers to develop specific subject-area projects that integrate information literacy skills and technology literacy standards.
• Evaluates the collection of each library, and then establishes a collection development plan and annual budget that will ensure that the collections support the schools’ curricula and encourage student recreational reading.
• Develops and implements programs that encourage recreational reading.
• Acts as a consultant to teachers and staff on matters dealing with information and technology literacy and advises them on techniques and resources to enhance classroom instruction.
• Keeps abreast and informed of new and emerging technologies and their potential impact on successful instruction and learning, providing systematic whole group, small group, and one on one instruction to teachers and staff on their use.
• Encourages and stimulates the search for effective and innovative methods of instruction.
• Works closely with teachers and principals to plan for staff and curriculum development to meet specific building and district-wide goals/needs.
A Media Specialist License issued by the State of Minnesota is required. The position will start with the 2017-2018 school year.
Please contact Brenda Nyhus, Rockford Elementary Arts Magnet School Principal at email@example.com; 763-477-5837 or
Peter Grimm Director of Teaching and Learning firstname.lastname@example.org; 763-477-5846.
Rockford Area Schools A Tradition of Excellence one Student at a Time!