Full Time, Exempt
Start July 1, 2019
The Director of Library and Media Services is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, directing and assessing all areas of the library. He/she provides collaborative leadership and administers all aspects of library resources and services in support of the on-campus and online academic programs, faculty teaching, and student learning.
The Director reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. He/she supervises the following positions: Assistant Director/Technical Services Librarian, the Public Services Manager and the Reference/Interlibrary Loan Librarian.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
PLANNING: Provide vision and direction for strategic planning related to all library resources and services in alignment with the College mission and core values. Prepare and submit a proposed annual budget.
ORGANIZING: Oversee all aspects of library organization including staff, facilities and resources.
IMPLEMENTING: Oversee implementation of the strategic plan.
DIRECTING: Direct the overall operation of library services.
ASSESSING: Assess library services and resources in accordance with accreditation standards and keep the administration informed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Management, supervision and planning as well as a working knowledge of all areas of the library, industry trends, emerging technologies and best practices.
• Knowledge of collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, database management, library instruction and information literacy, public and technical services.
• Ability to support students in online learning programs by providing efficient access to electronic materials/resources.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work with little or no direct supervision.
• Demonstrated successful leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills working with a diverse population.
• Strong public service orientation and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Effective problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and competing priorities.
• Ability to prepare and manage a budget and maintain financial resources.
• Ability to use web-based technology relevant to Library/Research/Learning Resources.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• If desired, The Director of Library and Media Services may teach one course per semester.
• Teaching assignment must be at the request of the academic department and approved by the VP/AA
• The course load will be reviewed on a semester-by-semester basis to ensure teaching does not infringe on the primary responsibilities or the personal wellbeing of the Director of Library and Media Services
• A Master’s Degree or working toward a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
• Two years of administrative experience
• Agreement with the Crown College statement of faith and must be willing to abide by the Crown College Community Covenant.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addition to the above minimum qualifications):
• Experience in a Christian College library
• Five or more years of administrative experience
• Understanding of major issues facing higher education in general and academic libraries in particular
Email cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled.