The Board of Trustees of the Grayslake Area Public Library District in Grayslake, Illinois is seeking a leader with an abundance of enthusiasm and passion to serve as Library Director.
The Grayslake Area Public Library District provides services to approximately 28,000 residents in and near the Village of Grayslake, a northern suburb of Chicago. This opportunity is open due to the retirement of the current Library Director.
The Library Director will be expected to:
• Serve as a visionary leader and continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
• Keep on top of trends and adapt to the changing role of public libraries
• Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire staff, board, and the community
• Experience in a high-level public library role with financial responsibilities and an appreciation for alternative funding
• Intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to explore new ideas
• Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Grayslake” in the subject line of your email.
Salary is competitive and negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates