Hiram College is seeking candidates for the position of Digital Services and Instruction Librarian. Hiram College is a private liberal arts institution located in northeast Ohio.
Hiram College, established in 1850 as the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute, is a nationally respected private residential liberal arts college located 30 miles from Cleveland in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio. At Hiram, close student-faculty interaction and innovation are routine. The College’s distinctive academic calendar, the Hiram Plan, offers students the opportunity each semester for a 3-week intensive course, study abroad/away program, internship, or research experience.
The Digital Services and Instruction Librarian provides leadership in technology, instruction, and reference services for the Hiram College Library and its users. The position reports directly to the Director of the Library. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following*:
- Coordinate all aspects of Electronic Resource Management
- Maintain the library’s integrated library system
- Manage the library’s website using Content Management System
- Participate in the development of a dynamic information literacy program to support the learning goals of the College
- Serve as a liaison to academic programs and/or schools by supporting collection development, instruction in information literacy, and maintaining faculty contacts
- Represent the library as the Lead Implementer for OhioLINK and as primary contact to other relevant consortia or vendors regarding eResources or technology
- Provide proactive technology solutions for the library including enhancing access, modifying resources, and improving user experience
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and open communications with the campus and surrounding community to further the library’s strategic directions and goals in conjunction with the Library Director and other library staff
- Participate in professional, library, and college service and engagement activities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Master’s Degree (MLS, MLIS, or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited university is required
• One to three years of professional experience in a library is preferred
• Experience working with integrated library system software, in particular Sierra, is preferred
• Prefer experience with LibGuides or another web content management system
• Experience working with implementation and maintenance of a discovery service (e.g. EDS-EBSCO Discovery Service or similar), proxy software, and OpenURL resolvers is preferred
• Familiarity with Moodle or another LMS is preferred
- Ability to interact effectively and work productively with a diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, implement, market, and assess the library’s information literacy and instruction initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.