Application deadline: August 31, 2018
McIntyre Library at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a dynamic colleague for a tenure-track library faculty position at the rank of assistant professor. This new faculty position will lead library efforts in developing and implementing digital technologies and projects that support the University’s teaching, learning, and research mission. This librarian will be part of a team that delivers information literacy instruction and research expertise to students, faculty, staff, and community members. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative and ability to thrive in a changing and collaborative environment. Commitment to teaching excellence and to the University’s equity, diversity, and inclusivity goals are essential. This appointment carries an initial two-year probationary appointment beginning with an anticipated start date in January 2019.
• Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited library and information science program. Degree must be completed by anticipated start date. New professionals are encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collegially with diverse populations
• Excellent communication skills
• Evidence of problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Training or experience in information literacy instruction and/or active learning strategies.
• Experience providing public services in a library setting.
• Evidence of experience with a range of library and digital technologies.
• Recent academic coursework or professional experience relevant to digital scholarship, data visualization or instructional design.
Major areas of responsibility
• Participate in the library’s information literacy and liaison programs
• Lead library efforts to develop instructional materials and e-learning modules to support the online learning environment
• Provide reference and research consultation services
• Coordinate, oversee and promote use of the institutional repository
• Collaborate in development and integration of makerspace resources and services
• Engage in scholarly and service activities aligning with the library faculty departmental evaluation plan
McIntyre Library is a team-based organization consisting of 10 faculty, 1 academic staff, and 15 university staff. Additionally, we work collaboratively with library staff at the UW-Eau Claire – Barron County branch campus and with colleagues at the other UW System libraries. More information at https://library.uwec.edu.
University and Eau Claire community
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is a breakout leader for academic excellence and high-impact practices in the UW System. Consistently ranked among the top five public Midwestern universities, UW-Eau Claire recently earned the top national award for undergraduate research collaboration, a 50-year faculty-student tradition with global impact. This campus is known for natural beauty, spanning a winding river, and its hilltop residence halls overlook magnificent views of the Chippewa Valley. More than 10,500 students are drawn to this vibrant hub where innovation, leadership, diversity and inclusion are core values. The growing city of Eau Claire is located about 90 miles east of Minneapolis, with a population of about 70,000. More than 100,000 people are drawn to Eau Claire in the summer, when several major music festivals draw visitors to the “Music Capital of the North.” The vibe on campus and in the surrounding community is one of boundless possibility and lifelong learning. Come grow with us.
Please submit your application electronically, following the instructions found at: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. Please create an account and login prior to applying. If you do not have a registered account, click on the “Click here to Register” link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, enter your “User Name” and “Password” and select “Login.” Click the link to the Library: Assistant Professor as Digital Learning and Instruction Librarian position (Job ID # 14581) and then click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application electronically. Your application will be considered complete when all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please include the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vita
• Unofficial graduate school transcript
• Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Trista Anderson, McIntyre Library Administrative Coordinator; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, submit your completed application by August 31, 2018. Screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report: https://www.uwec.edu/files/8/annual-security-report.pdf.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.