Job Title: Digital Content Manager – Agency Policy Specialist
Job ID: 14744
Location: St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Working Title: Digital Content Manager
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 07/06/2017
Closing Date: 07/20/2017
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / DHS Communic Publication & Web
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 08:00am – 04:30pm
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $26.99 – $40.04/hourly; $56,355 – $83,603/annually
Job Class Option: Communications
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt – Administrative
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
As the manager for DHS content, the position exists to provide project planning and management, communication expertise, relationship management, and team leadership related to content conceptualization, organization, development, launch and ongoing maintenance in DHS web properties and related communication channels. The person in this position develops and refines information taxonomies and content architecture, project plans and communication infrastructure for internal and external digital communication channels, to encompass department-wide content management and oversight of related processes. The DHS digital content manager contributes to agency-wide communication projects and policies directly or through participation in regular meetings with the DHS communication team and other content management teams. This individual also functions as a lead worker who is responsible for the product of the work unit. S/he must be able to respond to a wide variety of problematic situations using specific areas of expertise and creativity.
Three (3) years of advanced professional experience in the online communication field demonstrating the following:
• Experience in organizing and maintaining vast amounts of website content.
• Knowledge of taxonomies, data classification and information architecture.
• Experience publishing content online and in print
• Experience in optimizing the web as a communication conduit.
• Planning and project management experience.
• Experience creating and implementing online communication projects and strategies.
• Knowledge of Web accessibility and tools available to make content accessible.
• Knowledge of DHS communication protocols, channels of communication and policies.
• Knowledge of DHS programs, projects and current operations.
• Knowledge of privacy and government data practice laws.
• Master’s degree in library science or similar.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS – The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Original posting and application information (search for Job ID #14744)