Location: Twin Cities Metro Activity Area: Community Building, Volunteerism, Philanthropy
Category: Administration and Management Closing Date: open until filled
Job Type: Full Time Salary: DOQ
A. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Management and Development (75%):
• Utilizing the CRM system to maximize the existing database to accomplish marketing, development, and grantmaking goals. This includes attention to data organization and hierarchies within the overall database.
• Responsibility for inputting and updating donor and prospect data, and for ensuring data is current and updated properly. Data integrity objectives will include the resolution of duplicates, coding corrections, and attention to complete and accurate contact information as well as relationship, and engagement activities.
• Develop and execute pipeline, portfolio, and prospect data tracking and management reports.
• Generate quarterly reports for the Development and Marketing Committee of the Board of Trustees and strategically integrating reports from Finance and Administration.
• Create and maintain address and email lists for Annual Report, newsletters, and invitations to donor and prospect events.
• Oversee project management of system-wide updates, changes to processes or database systems, and other projects related to CCF’s data management capabilities and objectives.
• Provide leadership and daily direction of CCF’s current Salesforce CRM constituent database, with the possibility of converting to Raiser’s Edge.
• Provide ongoing analysis of CCF data processes and systems and recommended updates.
Prospect Research (25%):
• Assist CCF development staff and leadership in building relationships with donors, prospects, and volunteers through effective research, organized and systematic peer/volunteer/staff referrals, and screenings available through third-party vendors.
• Use information on philanthropic history and constituent interests to help identify and focus development staff attention on the best prospects and donors.
• Utilize best-practice methodologies and engage external vendors in prospect research to identify and qualify prospects and to support the perpetuation and evolution of current donor relationships including those associated with individuals, agencies and organizations, parishes, and agents of wealth.
• Maintain familiarity with Internet search strategies and experience using electronic databases and online search tools such as LexisNexis for Development Professionals, WealthEngine, Morningstar 10K Wizard, Guidestar, ResearchPoint, DonorSearch, and/or iWave.
B. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE &/OR ABILITIES
• Understanding of and affinity for the mission of the Catholic Community Foundation.
• Acts consistently, with clear personal values that complement the core values of the Catholic Community Foundation – transparency, Catholic identity, and accountability.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently.
• Willingness to support CCF in its efforts toward continuous improvement within and outside the functional job responsibilities.
• The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
• Familiarity with the Salesforce CRM, FIMS (Foundation Information Management System) and Raiser’s Edge languages or their equivalent and the principles of database design and implementation.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• An interest and willingness to keep up-to-date with developments in new technologies and database applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency in problem-solving and analysis.
• Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience with database management and/or prospect identification, tracking, and management methodologies including external resources and vendors.
• Advanced query, appeals, export, and prospect module experience.
• Ability to translate technical concepts and applications clearly to staff colleagues and board members.
• Attention to detail, follow-up, and ability to meet deadlines. Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office, ability to maintain composure under pressure.
• Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
• Strong analytical skills and effective time management.
• Demonstrated ability to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and synthesize information gathered from a variety of resources.
• Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving.
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
• Strong work ethic.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in data services and constituent relationship management platforms.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and four (4) professional references to the attention of Richard Olson, Vice President of Development and Donor Engagement, Catholic Community Foundation, 2610 University Ave W, Suite 500, St. Paul, MN 55114 or email@example.com. No phone calls please. The Catholic Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.