Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job ID: 56457947
Posted: April 6, 2021
Position Title: Administrative Assistant – Collections and Partnerships Directorate
Company Name: Center for Research Libraries
Library or Company Type: Academic/Research (College/University)
Job Category: Administration/Management
Entry Level: No
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $36,500.00 (Yearly Salary
Collections and Partnerships Directorate Administrative Assistant
The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an international consortium of university, college, and independent research libraries collectively building, stewarding, and sharing a wealth of resource materials from all world regions to support inspired research and teaching.
CRL is seeking a motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to maximize the efficiencies of the Collections and Partnerships Directorate by assisting the members of the Directorate to work more strategically. Candidates in this position should have exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail. Candidates should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization (internal and external contacts).
- Provide high-level administrative support to ensure efficient operation of Collections and Partnerships Directorate, with the majority of time spent assisting the NERL Program.
- Assist in the coordination and logistics of multiple committees, working groups and support teams, including meeting planning, documentation preparation, local/virtual arrangements, and timely follow-on (e.g., meeting minutes and action items, reimbursements, etc.).
- Support administrative workflows of electronic resources acquisition, assisting in collecting information, tracking licenses and authorization forms, and enabling and/or resolving access issues of electronic products for participating members.
- Update records on CRL’s licensing management software, ConsortiaManager, including customer and publisher changes, IP range changes, etc.
- Assist with routine web communications and information dissemination on behalf of NERL and CRL programs and partnerships.
- Maintain membership and contact information for programs, provide administrative and logistical support for programs’ operations and governance.
- Assist with special events and projects as requested.
- Implement systems to organize and archive information; maintain files (physical and electronic).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university required or a minimum of 5 years of experience performing the work of one or more administrative functions with scope of responsibility that included planning, coordination and significant internal and external communication, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in a non-profit, academic setting highly desirable, with direct experience related to scholarly licensing considered a significant plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$36,500 minimum salary. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and experience. CRL offers excellent benefits, including health and retirement plans. The Center for Research Libraries is committed to fostering an organizational culture that fosters excellence and innovation through teamwork, continuous learning, and the foregrounding of diversity, inclusion, and equity in all aspects of our work.
To be considered for the position please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2021 (include the title of the position in the subject line).
CRL is committed to actively promoting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as key components for serving our members and advancing our global mission. As such, CRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, hiring and employment and is dedicated to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CRL are based on organization needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CRL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.