Bibliotheca is currently seeking to fill an open position for a cloudLibrary Internship. Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Title: Cloud Library Intern
Department: DIG (COM)
Location: Oakdale, MN (MSP)
Reports To: Dig Customer Experience Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
The Cloud Library Internship position will work with the internal Cloud Library support teams. In this position you will gain experience working directly with library systems and the solutions that they are implementing within their communities. This position will be performing various tasks to help improve the data within the Cloud Library system. You will work directly with the collection development team to help build and maximize the digital collections of our library customers. This internship position will also provide opportunities to learn about the technology that libraries are implementing around the world to increase their relevance and impact their communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
Assist collection development team in helping libraries build their digital collections to better serve the popular and recreational needs of the general public and to ensure that customer demand and the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the community is reflected.
• Database improvement and customer trend identification.
• Assist in the process of transferring content for Cloud Library customers.
• Support the content ingestion team with continual metadata improvement.
• Communications with collection development librarians in our customer base.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Travel Demands: No
• Familiar with Excel and Data Manipulation
• Comfortable using and explaining software
• Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Experience working in a library setting, preferably a public library
• Metadata or Cataloging experience
• Experience in collection development for physical and/or digital content collections
• Knowledge of cataloging principles
• Knowledge of the lifecycle management of digital materials
• Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistical tools
• Pursuing a degree in Library Science preferably from an ALA-accredited university; MLIS degree desirable.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with nonverbal symbolism (e.g., formulas and equations) in difficult phases. Deal with a variety of abstract and
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is located in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs light work; exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Concentration/Attention to Detail (Constant)
Vision (Close, Constant)
Verbal Communication (Frequent)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as
assigned by their supervisor.