We have an immediate opening for a motivated and self-directed Business Research Specialist to join our team on a part-time, temporary basis. The Business Research Specialist will spend the majority of their time assisting walk-in and scheduled visitors in the Reading Room at the Hill Center, which is open to the public. This is a 20-hour per week, 6 month position. This position reports to the Director of Library & Education.
Job type: Part-time
Closing date: Dec 14, 2018
Responsibilities for this role include:
· Support daily walk-in visitors with business research.
· Take scheduled reference/research support appointments, as needed or requested by visitors.
· Assist at the front desk, helping to cover breaks and other times as needed.
· Potential to collaborate with and/or teach business research classes.
· Actively engage with visitors to create a welcoming experience.
· Attend staff meetings and mission related events as needed.
· Knowledge of and applied work or educational experience using business database resources.
· Ability to work with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
· Excellent computer and research skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively via written documents, presentations, and interpersonal interactions.
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
· Undergraduate degree in related field.
· Advanced degree in library science or business.
· Experience providing research support for the small business or entrepreneurial community.
· Experience teaching classes or educational workshops.
How To Apply:
To be considered as a candidate for the Business Research Specialist position, send your resume and cover letter with “Business Research Specialist” in the subject line to Kathy McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will reach out directly to candidates who move on to the interview process. No phone calls please.
The James J. Hill Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer; applicants of all backgrounds, ethnicities, ages, genders, and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.