Salary: $63,918.40 – $94,993.59 Annually
Location: Chanhassen Library, MN
Job Type: Full-Time
Division: Public Services
Job Number: 01228
Department: Library Services-Chanhassen/Victoria
Closing: 12/4/2017 4:30 PM Central
Under the direction of the Library Director, the Branch Manager is responsible for the operations, staff, and direction of one or more County library branches and function areas. This position also manages one or more assigned system-wide programs such as youth or adult services, collection development, marketing, technology and e-resources, the library website and library administration. Represents the Library within the County and area communities. Includes some public service duties and reference desk responsibilities.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct and supervise professional, technical and administrative support staff in the Carver County Library System. This includes but is not limited to; hiring, promoting or transferring of staff, assigning work, completion of performance reviews, provide rewards and verbal or written discipline including suspension, up to and including termination.
• Responds to step I grievances with the authority to settle grievances on behalf of the County.
• Serve as a system-wide resource for professional staff as they provide specialized library services, e.g., youth or adult programming, collection development, development and production of publicity and library marketing materials and development and maintenance of library website content and resources including social media.
• As a member of the Library’s management team, represent staff and administration facilitating communication throughout the department.
• Provide reference services and other direct customer services.
• Direct and supervise branch library programming and services.
• Supervise the maintenance of branch collection.
• Manage expenditures and revenues and propose budget requests for areas of responsibility; identify staffing, facility and service delivery needs.
• Responsible for the overall library branch and/or administrative office operations and activities, manage staff schedules, coordinate community volunteer involvement and prepare reports as directed.
• Supervises and monitors library building use, cleaning, maintenance and security procedures.
• Represents the interests of the library system to city administration/officials, community organizations, Schools, and businesses.
• Established and maintains community collaborations and partnerships.
• Other management duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited institution preferred and five (5) years of professional library experience with two (2) years of supervisory experience or team leadership experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Library Science and ten (10) years of professional library experience with three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license or evidence of mobility.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.