ST. CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301
State University Faculty (Unclassified IFO)
Appointment: Full-time, Tenure Track/Probationary
Application Deadline: Review begins 1/22/2019; position open until filled.
Department of Teacher Development is seeking applicants for a tenure-track probationary position in Information, Library Media, and Educational Technology. For more information about the department, go to: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/ed
Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the preparation of library media specialists for state teaching licensure and in technology integration; Supervise undergraduate and graduate clinical experiences in public schools. Participate in program development, accreditation processes, and faculty governance. Advise undergraduate and graduate students using the belonging mindset approach. Collaborate with programs and units within SCSU, and with community partners.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://www.ifo.org/
• Doctorate Degree (or ABD with doctorate conferred by time of appointment) from an accredited institution in Information Media, Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary or Secondary Education, Literacy, or related field with licensure in Library Media K-12 and experience in the areas to be taught.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively teach library media courses, technology integration for K-12 teacher candidates and teachers, supervise field experiences, and contribute to the department for the designated position as outlined in the responsibilities above.
• Minimum of five years K-12 Library Media Specialist licensed, full time teaching experience in a K-12 U.S. public school setting.
• Teaching experience at the university level in library media and technology integration courses.
• Evidence of successful, consecutive multiple-year teaching employment with the same employer.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize technology in instruction for both university candidates and K-12 students.
• Demonstrated ability to teach and work collaboratively and effectively with persons from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
• K-12 Elementary or Secondary Education licensed, full time teaching experience in a K-12 U.S. public school regular classroom setting.
• Background in bilingual education or English as a Second Language instruction and demonstrated effective experience working with dual-language learners.
• Demonstrated effective experience teaching graduate courses in one or more of the fields listed.
• Demonstrated effective experience and expertise providing guidance and leadership in edTPA completion.
• Demonstrated effective experience with online and/or hybrid teaching.
• Demonstrated effective experience with course design, instruction and assessment aligned with Interstate Teacher Support and Assessment Consortium (InTASC) and the Minnesota Standards of Effective Practice (MSEP).
Application Review begins immediately. For best consideration apply by January 27, 2019; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
Contact information for three current professional references.
Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities and veterans. The university is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State is Dr. Ellyn Bartges. For additional information, contact the Office for Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102.