University of Wisconsin-Stout is recruiting for a temporary (one year), full time academic librarian.
Reporting to the Director of the University Library, this position has responsibility for providing instruction and reference/research help services in conjunction with library professional staff. This position maintains and develops library e-guides in the library’s web portal, and in addition will work on selected projects during the hiring period. The position also collaborates with campus instructional design and other instructional support teams in delivering academic support services. Candidates who demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, innovative approaches to library services, and a collaborative mindset are encouraged to apply.
• ALA accredited master’s degree in Library/Information Science, or substantial coursework toward achieving master’s degree in Library and Information Science.
• Demonstrated ability to design, organize and teach instruction sessions required.
• Training or experience providing reference services, preferably in an academic environment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students, faculty, and staff.
• Excellent collaboration skills and aptitude for working in teams required.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other productivity tools
• Training or experience in writing or editing instructional materials is desirable.
• Training or experience in video editing software is desirable.
For more information and to apply: Instructional Librarian (One year emergency hire)
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact: Scott Vrieze, Director University Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org